Thursday, May 31, 2012

Deadlift Beastess

Last week I wrote the blog "Until you try...." It was all about discovering what you're capable of and then setting the bar higher.  I never knew what I was capable of deadlifting having never really pushed the limits on my deadlifts so last week ended up as a crazy week for deadlift PRs (see previous posting for videos).

This week I was determined to hit a big 130k, which would exceed my 1-rep back squat PR by 1k.  Not only was my mission to beat my 1-rep back squat but I was given the goal of deadlifting 130k for 5 reps.  I'll spare you the tedious details and let you see the results of this mission yourself.....


That 138k is the most weight I have EVER moved in my entire life.  I did actually attempt to lift 142k and it was the oddest sensation to barely get that weight to budge.  I managed to get it about 1-inch off the floor but that's about the extent of it.  I suspect it is not a lack of strength but a matter of fatigue having repped out all the previous weights.  Given the right jumps and the right amount of reps I'm absolutely certain that 142k will not be a problem in the near future.  I'm gonna rep that weight out too!

Now that many of my strength lifts are really being put to the test, I'm getting excited to see what happens to my competition lifts.  If I can deadlift 138k then come hell or high water I will be strong enough to clean over 100k.  It's time to lift some big girl weights!!

Go Beastess!

No comments:

Post a Comment