Thursday, March 15, 2012

What is Beastess?

What is Beastess?  Ever heard of balls to the wall?  Well since I don't happen to have that particular bit of anatomy I can't really go balls to the wall.  But I can damn well Go Beastess! I can walk into a gym like I own the place.  I can walk onto the platform and decide that I will own whatever weight I put on the bar. And if it isn't heavy enough or hard enough, I'll add 2k, add 5k, add kilos until it IS heavy and it IS hard.  And I'll still rep it out.  Then I'll go on to my next lift and own that lift too.  After the day is done, I'll go home and eat like it's my last meal on earth then eat some more.  And foam roll and stretch like there's no tomorrow.  And then if I'm not beat up and beat down enough, I'll crawl my ass into an ice bath for 15 freezing minutes.  What about tomorrow?  I'll do it again. It's a conscious effort to Go Beastess.  And I will continue to do it until I'm too broken, bloodied, and dying to go on.  Even at the end of it all, I will be the Beastess and I....WILL....ROAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment